Monday, January 08, 2007

I'm hoping to make a movie about banks now, pulling together the research from last year. I get stuck as I try to craft a narrative. I'll endlessly revise, etc, thinking how should it start? What should it cover? So, I need a structure and deadline so I pull something together rather than generating multiple never ending drafts.

Filmwise:
Ask B. for help putting the footage into the hard-drive and selecting specific portions. Can I use B's hard-drive? I'll need to use a camera, too.
Set up computer for use.
Learn how to edit on final cut.
Learn how to do animation.
Borrow the MCTV camera and take footage of my feet.
Write some text.
Maybe an interview?
Shall I go to NC?

Creatively:
Read Art and Fear to quiet the fears.
Make up little ditties.
Play around to find the style and maybe even the narrative.
Be patient as I try to figure out the narrative.

Research:
Simmel
Bernard L.
Prag. friend in NYC
Other sources?

Structurally:
Between Jan 9-Feb 17 can I make a rough cut?
And then polish it in March until March 21?
And then it has to be done.
Whatever it is.

Content:
What is my point? Is this about how to relate to money? Money --the feeling of it. How to construct my character? Where is the love in this?

I'd like the film to cover 1. how banks work: undemocratically creating money and dictating how the world looks, literally and making money by lending deposits 2. how cool cdcu's are 3. how much money is in cdcus versus how much is in big banks 4. wondering how meaningful this kind of work is, given the huge amounts of money in commercial banks. is this worth doing? how is one to make a difference if one tries to speak and use the language of money and doesnt have access to a lot. 5. what does it mean to make money from money. is this the source of ever expanding economy? is my interest, my bank account, my interest making me complicit and even responsible for environmental destruction?

I'd like the style to be multimedia --sound, song, puppets, text, interviews.

so, a possible film outline? hmm, i dont recall the footage I have, that will be relevant.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

3:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home