Sunday, February 05, 2006

Thoughts after interviewing Miette and Ivy

I'd like to present this material for different ages. First, I'll write up the narrative I'm researching here with an all-ages audience, primarily adults, in mind. I think the guiding narrative will be: where shall I desposit my money?

Then, I'll simplify it even more. I just read Langston Hughes' book Black Misery --short sentences next to pictures, describing intimate details about a black child's experience. I'd like something with one or two sentences per page with pictures. That will be fun to distill.

There could also be one that is more of a chapter book, along the lines of Miette's request --a mystery about money (something about a robbery or about an alternative currency, the disappearance of money...) that young characters solve.

There is also the idea of a kid's book, with photos, solely about Common Good, or something based on that, a promising alternative that highlights the problems in the current banking system. Or a kid's book about something in Argentina related to barter and alternative currencies.

However I go with it, I need the research I am doing now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home